Counselors in the Early Intervention stream work with individuals who:
- reside in Peel and have been referred by First Assessment Clinical Team (FACT) Peel, a Centre for Addition and Mental Health (CAMH) community-based clinic.
- have psychiatric and/or medical support; and
- are willing and ready to work collaboratively with CMHC
Counselors in the Early Intervention stream work collaboratively with the family support network, other mental health service providers, and may sometimes involve the school system.Each client’s situation is reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that the service plan matches current needs and to make adjustments to the recovery plan as required.Clients in the Early Intervention program benefit from:
- reduction in issues and prolonged trauma,
- learning to cope with their symptoms,
- access to social and recreational activities
- life-style planning; and
- one-stop access to community resources
SHIP utilizes two transitional housing units to complement services, teach independent living life skills and to foster independence.