Peel Youth Village (PYV) is operated by Services and Housing In the Province (SHIP) and funded by the Region of Peel.
PYV is a multipurpose building offering:
- A residential program.
- Safe, stable, transitional housing and support services for youth aged 16 - 24. We operate 24/7/365 days a year.
- PYV offers a fully functioning recreational community center for residents of PYV and the surrounding Acorn community.
The following specialists are on site and provide case management services to all residents of PYV. They are also available to support the Acorn community:
- Health and Wellness
- Intake & Housing
- Early Intervention/Mental Health
- Recreational Therapists
- Vocational Specialists – Employment Resource Center
- Personal Trainer(s) and Health and Fitness Specialists
In order to be eligible to live at Peel Youth Village, you must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 24
- In need of housing (not in immediate crisis)
- Have a source of income (i.e. social assistance from Ontario works or the Ontario Disability Support Program, Employment or other)
- Willing to engage in program components (chores, workshops, meetings, goal setting, etc.)
Intake/Assessment Process –
- Once an application is received, an intake will be scheduled with the applicant
- Upon completion of Intake/Assessment, the intake team reviews the application& intake to determine suitability
- Once supporting documents are obtained (i.e. verification of income, probation/bail orders, CPIC, etc.) and the applicant is found suitable, a move in date will be scheduled (pending availability) and/or they will be placed on the waitlist
Suitability is based on the following–
- Ability to complete individual activities of daily living on a semi-independent basis
- Willingness to participate in mandatory program components (workshops, chores, meetings, etc.)
- Willingness to establish goals/action plan and connect with appropriate community resources
- If risk factors are identified, suitability is determined by resiliency factors that are in place for the applicant
Our application can be found on SHIP’s website http://www.shipshey.com/shipshey/application
All applications and wait lists are processed and administered in chronological order of the date received. You may request more information, an application package or schedule a tour by contacting our Intake & Housing Liaison at (905)-791-5576 Prompt 1, 1.
Resident Satisfaction Surveys
Welcome to the Peel Youth Village (PYV) Satisfaction Surveys. You are only moments away from sharing your views regarding our program and the services you are currently receiving or have received from our staff members.
Your input is important to us!