Angela’s Place is a unique 20-unit transitional housing support program for families experiencing homelessness, located in Mississauga. The program provides safe, secure short-term housing for a maximum of one year for up to twenty families who have been staying in emergency shelters or without appropriate housing. Families will have an opportunity to obtain resources and develop skills that will enable them to integrate into the community and sustain independence. This is a partnership with the Region of Peel.
- Must be a family (one or two parents with at least one dependent.
- Must be considered a resident of the Region of Peel and intend on maintaining residence in Peel.
- Must be in receipt of social assistance from Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program or considered of low income status as defined by Canada's poverty guidelines.
- Must be experiencing homelessness, at risk of homelessness or residing in a shelter.
- Must be highly prepared and motivated to work collaboratively with the program at Angela's Place.
SHIP’s Approach – What you can expect…
- Housing First
- People Centered
- Partnership based
- Locally driven
- Fiscally responsible
- Outcome focused
The program, through service delivery and building structure, promotes a positive environment for community engagement, participation in activities, enjoyment of community space with an overall goal of improving wellness and optimizing the well-being of each individual through a holistic wrap around approach.
What you can expect at Angela’s Place… Collaborative, support service delivery which is focused on an outcome based, people centered, inclusive approach that recognizes the complexity of homelessness and related areas. SHIP will offer a full array of supportive services including case management, housing placement, benefits and/or entitlements assistance, counselling, employment readiness training, job training, linkages and referrals to medical care. As well, workshops and programs are delivered in the areas of wellness, family friendly and child and youth specific activities/events and guidance in life skills.
Intake & Housing
- Conducts intake, assists with linkages and referrals, works in partnership with SHIP’s Landlord Collaboration Committee (LCC), assists with move out and aftercare
- Individual and family supportive counselling, consultation, assessment, safety planning, treatment geared toward individuals and the family unit.
- Delivers a range of therapeutic, wellness, physical and leisure activities and develops/enhances on-site activities and events for the families at Angela’s Place.
All applications and wait lists are processed and administered in chronological order of the date received and availability of requested unit size. To request information and an application package, call Angela’s Place Intake and Housing Liaison at 905-791-3887, or follow this link to the Angela’s Place Application Form.
Special Note: We must receive the signed, original (not copies or faxes) Consent to Disclose Personal Information form before we can process the application.
Resident Satisfaction Surveys
You are only moments away from sharing your views regarding our program and the services you are currently receiving or have received from our staff members. Your input is important to us!