As the information and application hub of SHIP, The Central Intake department is a single point of access to assessment, referrals and information for the community. Our goal is to improve access to Healthy Housing™ and mental health services and provide system navigation to individuals in need of healthcare services.
Our Intake & Assessment team complete the following tasks:
- Process applications and provide in-person assessments
- Triage referrals for mental health services
- Manage wait lists for housing and mental health services
- Provide a designated Intake and Assessment Counsellor for waitlist applicants who provide information on admission criteria, mental health services and community-based resources
- Work with individuals and their families to access the most appropriate services to suit their needs and circumstances
- Offer timely responses to inquiries
- Maintain up to date information on community services and opportunities
What do we need from applicants?
Completed application form and consent to reach out to important information sources
Up to date contact information
A willingness to work with Intake Staff to determine your needs for services and housing