We are open
With key public health and health system indicators continuing to remain stable or improve, Ontario is cautiously and gradually easing public health and workplace measures with all remaining measures, directives and orders to end by April 27, 2022.
Effective March 21, 2022 general masking requirement has been lifted for most settings. However, as SHIP is an essential service organization that supports high risk settings and provides community care for vulnerable individuals, the current COVID-19 mandatory measures including masking for staff and clients will remain as directed by the Provincial guideline until April 27th.
SHIPs’ vaccination policy and active screening will continue during this period.
Key safety measures to keep you safe:
- Masking – all clients and staff are required to wear a medical mask. Your case worker will provide you with a medical mask if you don’t have one. Where necessary, staff will wear a level 3 grade or higher mask.
- Temperature checks will remain.
- COVID-19 screening will remain.
We want to thank you all for your continued efforts. If you are have any symptoms, please contact your case manager and refrain from in-person visits or attending the clinic.
Additional COIVD-19 Protections, please:
- Keep your physical distance. Physical distancing means keeping 2 meters (6 feet) apart from others.
- Clean your hands often. Wash hands with soap and water when visibly soiled. An alcohol-based (70-90%) hand sanitizer is a good alternative when hands are not visibly soiled.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- Wear a SHIP-provided procedural mask.
Please delay your visit and contact your healthcare provider if:
- You are feeling unwell including fever, cough, chills, difficulty swallowing, headaches, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, extreme tiredness, pink eye, decrease in taste or smell, trouble breathing, runny nose or sore throat, or falling down often
- Anyone you live with currently experiencing any new COVID-19 symptoms and/or waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled outside of Canada AND been advised to quarantine per the federal quarantine requirements
- In the last 14 days, have you received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone